Invoice Oversight and Auditing:
Some questions to be asked :
- Are all the charges on your Telco/Cellular invoice Correct ?
- Are you paying for services that have been removed/De-Installed ?
- Are there services on your Invoice that are on a 3-5 year Contract ?
- Do Telephone Companies (TELCO) auto-renew contractual services ?
- If contracts are not renewed, does the Telco default the Service rate to the more expensive non-contract monthly rate ?
- Are there users in your organizations that are configured with the wrong cellular/mobile Plan ?
- Are there users in your organizations that are mis-using Corporate devices ?
- How do you know if the TELCO is billing Contractual services are the CONTRACT rate ?
Here are some facts about “TIPS”
- Telco/Client Contractual Rates have been programmed into “TIPS”. Each Charges (detail record) is scrutinized to ensure the Telco has charged you the correct amount.
- “TIPS” scans all detail in the TELCO Invoice looking for anomalies.
Common Exception Conditions monitored by “TIPS”:
- Adjustment Charges
- Annual Maintenance Contract Charges
- Balance Transferred IN Charges
- Balance Transferred OUT Charges
- Calls that should be Free (Local calls dialed as Long Distance)
- Change Charges
- Charges on DE-INSTALLED Circuits/Services
- Charges on NEW (uncoded) Circuits
- Charges on Circuits not linked to a valid GL Accounts
- Charges on Circuits linked to CLOSED GL Accounts
- Connection Charges
- Construction Charges
- Contract Renewal/Termination Warnings or PRI and CENTREX Circuits
- CPS Repair charges
- CPS Sale charges
- Excessive Cost on Long Distance
- Excessive Duration on Long Distance
- Labour Charges
- Late Payment Charges
- Monthly Subscription Correction Charges
- Move Charges
- Repair Charges
- Service Fees
- Service Call Charges
- Service/Repair Charges
- Termination Liability Charges
- Toll Charges from Alternate Service Providers
- Variance Reporting on incoming TOLL-FREE changes that does not match Client Contract rates
- Variance Reporting on :
- Domestic Long Distance that does not match Client/Telco Contract rates
- International Long Distance that does not match Client/Telco Contract rates
- Incoming TOLL Free usages that does not match Client/Telco Contract rates
- Cellular Calling that does not match Client/Telco Contract rates
Exception Conditions Specific to Cell Phone / Mobile Devices:
- Airtime Overage Charges
- Text messaging / SMS Charges
- Roaming Charges
- Data Overage Charges
- Vacation Disconnect Charges
Other interesting Exceptions Conditions being monitored by “TIPS”
- Known Phone Scams
- Mysterious charges show up on your invoice
- PHONE SCAM : Google 8077881246
- Charges from Alternate Carriers
Example of : Exceptions Report / Issues Log